In recognition of Mother’s Day, Peace Corps Volunteers worldwide are engaging in projects to improve maternal health, educate new mothers and support women and children. Volunteers regularly serve in maternity clinics, teach nutrition to new and expecting mother’s and provide information to keep families healthy.
Today, 22 percent of all Peace Corps Volunteers work in the health/HIV sector. Health Volunteers help communities meet basic public health needs through education and awareness, providing access to safe drinking water, distributing bed nets for malaria prevention, teaching sanitation measures and more. Even though Peace Corps volunteers are not medical care providers, they provide the skills and training to help keep communities healthy and safe. Many volunteers participate in health-related projects during the course of their service.
We thank our Volunteers for supporting mothers worldwide and wish all the mothers in the Peace Corps family a happy, healthy, and safe Mother’s Day!
- student118 likes this
- degelatolla reblogged this from peacecorps
- whippingtree likes this
- minhavidaminhaidade likes this
- newyorkelephantlover reblogged this from peacecorps
- dearselfkeeptrackofthis likes this
- les-ombres likes this
- mystic-rose likes this
- all-that-pushes-and-pulls likes this
- absurdlyjp reblogged this from peacecorps
- yatelboa likes this
- lettersiarrange likes this
- newyorkelephantlover likes this
- peacecorps posted this