I <3 maps and you will too!
I taught my Form One’s their first geography lesson today. I’m not sure if they learned geography in primary school, so maybe it was their first geography lesson ever.
To start, I had them draw a map of the world in their exercise books. The results were… interesting. Haha. I mean, they don’t see images constantly like kids growing up in America do… they don’t watch TV, they have limited textbooks, etc. So most of them didn’t really know what it was supposed to look like. Some of them just drew a map of Malawi, which I thought was interesting.
Anyway, one popular Peace Corps activity undertaken by volunteers is the World Map Project. I am definitely going to try and do this at my school with my new geography students. By the end of this term these kids will KNOW that America is not in Europe.
- rainestaylor likes this
- ka-lixo likes this
- student118 likes this
- pineapplepixies likes this
- ancientcurios reblogged this from peacecorps
- omarperaza24 reblogged this from peacecorps
- likealittlechild reblogged this from peacecorps
- hermanfung likes this
- travelnerd likes this
- dragonemperoroftheworld reblogged this from peacecorps
- malawhee likes this
- specialistdirective reblogged this from peacecorps and added:
- nofreelunches likes this
- dragonemperoroftheworld likes this
- hamarat likes this
- nolocj224 likes this
- crazychronicles likes this
- marieella15 likes this
- musingsbyaninterfaithgirl reblogged this from peacecorps
- thesnugglepuff likes this
- bydemialvarado likes this
- thoughtsfromadreamer reblogged this from peacecorps
- inamoratia likes this
- peacecorps reblogged this from malawhee and added:
- emtrooper likes this
- thomasjwilson said: solid!
- wolfish-philanthropy likes this
- malawhee posted this